Alco RS11 DL701
- Group: Alco DL701-DL701B
- Builder number: Alco 84156
- Builder date: February, 1956
- Phase: Ia
- Horsepower: 1800
- Weight: 262,460 lbs
- Prime mover: Turbocharged Alco V-12 251B
- Main generator: General Electric GT581
- Traction motors: Four General Electric 752
- Production: 356 units built between February, 1956, and June, 1961
- Alco Demonstrators: 3 units
Alco DL701 > Southern Pacific 5720 > Southern Pacific 2900
Built as Alco DL701B in February, 1956, one of three RS11 demonstrors. It became Southern Pacific 5722 on June 20, 1956. It became Southern Pacific 2900 in the 1965 general renumbering, was retired September 19, 1974, and sold to Chrome Crankshaft on December 11, 1975. It was scrapped by Proler Steel.
Of the three demonstrators, only DL701B had a steam generator, but the other two units were equipped with boiler controls and pass through steam lines. All three units were built with the long hood forward, the only Southern Pacific RS11’s set up this way.